Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:41:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, northern_snow78@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: __stdoutp causing hassle ;)

>Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 06:14:14 -0800 (PST)
>From: north star <northern_snow78@yahoo.com>

>    After upgrading directly to CURRENT from 4.3-
>RELEASE I've been presented with a rather loud and
>whiney bug (I thought it at first to be my ex-
>girlfriend somehow manifested via `festival` but
>thk god it was not). Every shared library on the
>system drops via ld-elf.so.1 regarding the symbol
>__stdoutp....

I suspect that you failed to include

COMPAT4X=	yes

in /etc/make.conf (as a review of the -current archives should have
indicated).

Cheers,
david
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.