Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:14:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      jackmays@earthlink.net
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/25214: Installing 4.2, and after the initial setup, BSD tries to init the HD's and create the partitions.  My computer starts the process and then automacially reboots everytime.

>Number:         25214
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Installing 4.2, and after the initial setup, BSD tries to init the HD's and create the partitions.  My computer starts the process and then automacially reboots everytime.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
After i choose Custom Install and finish all of it, you get to a window that says "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO blah blah blah..." after this step the loader is supposed to format/partition your HDs and proceed to install packages..  My computer on the other hand reboots automacially when attempting to repartition the HD's.

Computer is:
Tomato board from Zida.com
1 - AMD 6k-2 500
64 meg EDO ram(yea i know)
2 meg graphic S3 video card
3 - 2.1 gig HD's (quantum fireball and 2 seagate's)

If you need any other specs let me know.  Thank you and have a good day.