Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 09:49:08 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Seppo Kallio <kallio@cc.jyu.fi>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>> > Advantage:  Linux supports the Amiga filesystem.  Pretty cool since I
>>
>> I don't think this is anything more than a transient advantage at best.
>:-)
>>
>> Speaking as a former Amiga owner and lover, the machine is bleedin'
>> DEAD, any protestations from its new owners aside, and it'd be a waste
>> of time implementing features like this when our own msdosfs is still
>> broken and win95 name support is non-existant. :-(
>
>Hey I didn't say it was a _big_ advantage, or a reason ANYONE would
>choose
>Linux over FreeBSD, just that it was something nifty that caught my eye.
>If somebody really wanted Amiga FS support, they could just as easily
>pull
>it out of NetBSD than Linux.
>
>Now Linux's handling of VFAT/MSDOS is something we need to worry about.
>
>- -- Jake

People select the OS like they select text utilities: They compare and
select the one having most features. AND they select the one others are
using.

Seppo Kallio				kallio@jyu.fi
Computing Center			Fax +358-14-603611
U of Jyväskylä		62.14N 25.44E	Phone +358-14-603606
PL 35, 40351 Jyväskylä, Finland		http://www.jyu.fi/~kallio