Date:      Wed, 7 May 1997 21:40:28 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
To:        eivind@bitbox.follo.net (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: #include problem breaks current

> > make world is failing in libc, probably because of changes in #include by
> > the following commit:
>
> I've backed out that part of the change.  I thought a make world
> wasn't necessary to test this change (I did quite a few other tests),
> but obviously I was wrong.

A clean run through a make world is a requirement before committing
changes!, errors can happen of cause, but at least it should be
tested :(

> I'm doing makes of other parts of the system right now to see if more
> of it need to be backed out; I'll do a 'make world' as soon as I've
> tested the most relevant parts (to find possible other problems as
> quickly as possible.)

Back it out entirely! and come back when a make world completes without
errors.

Excuse my harsh fashion, but I think dicipline in this respect is
paramount, we can all make error's (I'm known to have done my part :) )
but we should at least check it to the best of ones abilities...

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..