Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 01:20:09 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <GLOBALLINK2001@aol.com>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Modem

Probably depends on where in the world you are ......we've had extremely
good results  from OZ made "Maestro's" in industrial WAN's & ISP type
situations. Previous ones were mostly those dreadful generic asian disasters
that lock solid at least once a day & support is totally non-existent. After
a year or so I can't recall the Maestro's giving a hint of trouble. The
manufacturer also employs a very helpful techno-nerd who speaks the accepted
language of this country, so that wins them a heap of "brownie points" in my
book..