Date:      Thu,  5 Aug 1999 17:07:35 -0400
From:      Mark Salyzyn <salyzyn_mark@dpt.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, michaelh@cet.co.jp, kirk@bohica.net, lyndon@MessagingDirect.COM, bonnetf@bart.esiee.fr, kwc@world.std.com, horton@cft.net, gambert@cft.net
Subject:   DPT RAID I2O Card driver

<nofill>I have a preliminary SCSI driver for the following series of DPT
`I2O' controller cards and FreeBSD 2.2.X:

	PM1554
	PM2554
	PM3754
	PM3755

This driver has passthrough (a CLI based configuration tool runs
with it native on FreeBSD 2.2.8 at least). The driver has *no* timeout
handling, for example, so it's not full production yet, but it was based
on the released BSDi BSD/OS 4.0.1 DPT driver, so it should have
some ingrown stability. It handles Ultra 2, Ultra 3, Fibre, dual-port
fibre and up to 4 SCSI channel cards.

I am interested in people to test the driver and tools, contact me if
you currently own the above DPT controller cards and I'll curl up the
driver source and tools.

If there is anyone interested in porting it to the 3.X or 4.X environments,
I must admit there is limited will currently to do that here, thus porting
it to the CAM layer in the later OS' would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn</nofill>