Date:      Tue, 07 Apr 1998 22:05:12 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Summary: shopping for new video adapter

Moved to -chat.

Kris Kirby writes:
> Amancio Hasty wrote:
>
> > 4. support for multiple cards (you can have two milleniums in a system)
>
> Come on, let's see that working under FreeBSD. A PC with two monitors?
> At least we'd be gaining on the Macs.

How so? Personally I never had more than 4 monitors on one Mac. Decided
I was getting irradiated too much. Installation was trivial, simply
plugged another Nubus card in, connected the monitor, and on power up
the Mac guessed where to put the new monitor in relationship to the
others. A little shuffling around in the Monitors Control Panel informed
the Mac where I had phyically placed the new one in relation to the
others.

Was mighty useful to have schematics up on one 19" monochrome monitor,
PCB layout on a 19" color, and source code on the 13" color. Got tired
of the 13", removed it, and found places on the other monitors to put
my MPW source code windows when I needed to see/edit source code.