Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:06:13 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.ORG>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unmoronify CVS

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 11:53:01PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> And all this is a waste of my time; rather than ask why I want it
> removed, you should accept that I (and many others) consider it an
> incredible nuisance, and focus instead on explaining how *you* benefit
> from it, so we can understand why you're opposed to my patch.

1. CVS is contrib'e software.  We try not to make grautious changes in
   contrib'ed softare.
2. CVS is used by many, many people on all kinds of repositories -- not
   just those used in FreeBSD development.  So you are changing a tool
   away from its stock, expected behavior.  There needs to be a good
   reason for that. Of all the CVS users, why are you the only one
   bothered by this?