Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:55:06 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Blaine Kahle <goatee@binary.net>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CardBus drivers

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 04:18:59PM -0600, Blaine Kahle wrote:
> was just curious...is there any experimental support for CardBus cards? I'm
> trying to get a 3Com 575 ethernet card on my new Dell Inspiron 7500 to work.
> Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Not yet.  Work is ongoing and there is non-working code in -current that
is being converted from newconfig to new-bus.  I believe current
estimates place working CardBus support somewhere after then 4.0
release.  We're all eagerly awaiting this development, but it takes time.
Hopefully Warner's laptop will stop dying so he can develop when he has
the time.

For now, you'll have to get a PC Card Ethernet card.  I've had good luck
with the 3Com Megahertz 10Mbps card (3CCE589ET) and I believe Warner
has one so it should stay functional. ;-)

-- Brooks

--
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one"