Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2013 19:41:15 -0800
From:      matt <sendtomatt@gmail.com>
To:        Krzysztof Parzyszek <kristof@swissmail.org>, freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.1 freezes randomly on G5

On 01/14/2013 18:59, Krzysztof Parzyszek wrote:

> There are no white crystals anywhere, no traces of liquid or any
> suspicious sounds.  The processors are enclosed in a massive radiator
> into which copper pipes are connected from behind.
>
> I can't try make buildworld, because at this point the /usr filesystem
> is not 100% usable, but when I started it without the fans, it hung
> very quickly, except with more LEDs lit (LED#7 included).
>
> What is SMU recalibrate?
>
> Thanks,
> -Krzysztof
The good news is that your machine is aircooled, as far as I can
tell...only 2.5ghz + was liquid cooled.
Sorry for assuming the worst.

Thermal calibration is an option in ASD.
If you google for "Service Source g5 filetype:pdf" you will find your
service manual, instructions were somewhere around page 92.

Matt