Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:56:04 -0800
From:      bow <bow@bow.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   ECS K7S5A?

Hello,

I am looking at upgrading a few systems to AMD 1600, 1800, or 1900+. I am
trying to find the best system configuration on FreeBSD for not too pricey
but doesn't have to be dirt cheap. Basically a solid good server.

So far I've heard great stuff about the ECS K7S5A motherboard, but most of
of the reviews I've seen is using Windows or Linux. Does anyone know how this
board/SiS735 chipset performs on FreeBSD? I don't care for the onboard stuff,
like sound and the network card. It's going to be a server, so I don't need
sound. And I use Intel Pro 100BaseT network cards, so I don't the onboard
network functions.

How does the KT266 chipset handle?

Any advice or help in getting a solid motherboard is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys! (and gals! :-)

-bow