Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 10:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: kern/4847: pccard stuff fails after running Win95 without power-cycling

The following reply was made to PR kern/4847; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To: richw@webcom.com
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 11:28:28 -0600 (MDT)

 > >Number:         4847
 > >Category:       kern
 > >Synopsis:       pccard stuff fails after running Win95 without power-cycling
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       non-critical
 > Dell Latitude XPi CD laptop with both FreeBSD and Win95 installed.
 >
 > PC cards cannot be detected if Win95 is run on the machine and it is
 > rebooted (shutdown/restart) into FreeBSD without cycling power.
 >
 > Output of "pccardc dumpcis":
 >
 > 	Configuration data for card in slot 0
 > 	Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
 > 	Configuration data for card in slot 1
 > 	Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
 > 	2 slots found
 >
 > If the machine is powered off and then booted into FreeBSD, everything
 > is fine.

 What PCIC controller do you have?  Is it correctly found?  (Obviously it
 is, but more details are necessary.)

 > My two PC cards are a Megahertz XJ4336-CC4336 modem, and a 3Com 3C589D
 > network card.

 Since neither are found, I'm pretty sure this is a controller issue, and
 not a card issue.  We may need to 'reset' things a bit better than we do
 now, but I haven't looked at the code to see what we're doing.