Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 11:52:28 -0800
From:      Stephen Waits <swaits@northlink.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Large Fragmented UDP packets, Quakeworld, ipfw, and FBSD Routing

Hi there,

I'm using FreeBSD and IPFW to firewall our LAN to our upstream ISP.
Everything is working fine so far, except for one problem one of my
users has.  He cannot make "Quakeworld" connections.  The QW faq
mentions that if you are going through a firewall that the firewall may
not support "large fragmented udp packets".  He can connect to regular
"quake servers", just not "quakeworld servers".

Any help is appreciated..

(I'm not on the list, so please CC: any replies directly to
swaits@northlink.com)

Thanks,
Steve Waits