Date:      Sat, 7 Jan 1995 18:57:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@freefall.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: printing probs (again!)

On Sat, 7 Jan 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> This may seem a strange request, but can you try the reverse and tell us
> what happens?
>
> E.g. hook your printer to journey2, bring up the 1.x port of AUIS on
> n3lxx, try printing on n3lxx and see if lpd on journey2 either croaks
> or deals with it!
>
> lpd was one of those things brought over from the 4.4 sources, and if
> they've fixed it here then you can perhaps take the fix back to the
> 1.x version.  If they haven't, we need to know that too!

I found that the suggested route the Anddrew documentation suggested was
using lpr -v.  When I changed that to lpr with no switch, it worked
fine.  I almost have the auis stuff working, the groff stuff is a final
sticking point I'm working on.  I'll be worrying about the port just as
soon as I finish this last step.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!