Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2008 19:59:39 +0000
From:      "Christian Walther" <cptsalek@gmail.com>
To:        "Matthew Herzog" <matthew.herzog@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bootable scsi card for Ultra 5

Hello Matthew,

On 03/01/2008, Matthew Herzog <matthew.herzog@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just bought a Sun branded 375-0005 X6540A card in hopes I might be
> able to boot FreeBSD STABLE from it.

> Still at the OK prompt I typed "boot" followed by the device pathname
> and the Ultra 5 rebooted. It failed to boot the drive.

AFAIK Sun machines can boot an OS installed on any disk that is seen by the OBP.
Since you said you did a dump|restore to clone the disk I think it's
possible that the disklabel is wrong or something for the boot
sequence missing.
If you have an install CD I'd recommend you trying a fresh install on
the SCSI drive. If the machine can boot from this just do the
dump|restore of the ATA drive again.

HTH
Christian