Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:29:36 +0100
From:      Kent Palmkvist <Kent.Palmkvist@home.se>
To:        device timeout <nmblookup@yahoo.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, maznio@krypton.wox.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RZ1000 IDE controller problems

Hi,

Please take a look at the gnats database, especially the two entries

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/42228
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/43222

which both discusses this problem, with one quick and dirty solution (my),
and one more elaborate version. The quick and dirty solution does not work
on 4.7-RELEASE and 5.0.

Please be advised that my tests with 4.7-RELEASE indicates that it
does not even recognize the RZ1000 controller when booting the
floppy (which 4.6-RELEASE obviously does).

I have a Plato board, which is set to disable the pci ata controller. This
board runs both 4.7-STABLE and 5.0-STABLE with the ata driver
without problems (but not using the RZ1000 chip). Maybe you can
disable the RZ1000 in the same way.

best regards

/Kent