Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 05:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/17391: FreeBSD boot loader does not recognize keyboard on MSI 6195 motherboard

The following reply was made to PR i386/17391; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: 15 Mar 2000 14:31:10 +0100

 Sheldon> On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 05:08:33 PST, sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:

 >> The FreeBSD boot disk (of all releases mentioned above) starts up with
 >>
 >> keyboard: no
 >>
 >> on my new Athlon 600Mhz system on an MSI 6195 motherboard.

 Sheldon> What keyboard have you got,

 I've tried a Keysonic KB 230, an old Cherry MF/2 keyboard (previously
 hooked up and working fine on another FreeBSD system), and an Olivetti
 PS/2 keyboard.  Same result everywhere.

 Sheldon> and is the keyboard enabled in your BIOS?

 Yes.

 --
 Cheers =8-} Mike