Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 00:35:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMD K6

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> According to Josef Grosch:

> Mine has been working for two months without interruption and survived
> multiple make world. It is a K6-166 pushed at 208 MHz (2.5x 83 MHz). One
> sink/fan on the CPU and a second fan above.

Just out of curiousity, what voltages are you running it on?

(And in what board?)

Supposedly the K6 is QUITE power hungry.  Perhaps we are seeing the
regulator going funny in some of these cases.  Has anyone measured the
voltage at the chip with the thing running?  I wonder if the voltage is
dipping a little under load once in a while on some boards just because
the regulator setup can't dish the current.  It could explain why some
need to up the voltage to make things work correctly (especially when
overclocking, which would draw more power anyway....)

Later......						<Doug>