Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:09:54 -1000 (HST)
From:      "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
To:        mpp@freefall.freebsd.org (Mike Pritchard)
Cc:        langfod@dihelix.com, bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net, tom@uniserve.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ahc crashes

>> To be honest I am not used to man pages being any where near up-to-date.
>> This works fine for ahc maybe as perhaps those are kept up, but
>> it doesnt work for most of the other drivers.
>
>If you know of any man pages that are out of date, please
>file a PR, preferably with diffs :-) since I'll get those in as soon
>as possible.  Man page PRs without diffs usually take me longer if
>I have to actually sit and figure out what needs to be added
>or write it all from scratch.
>--
>Mike Pritchard
>mpp@FreeBSD.org

Point taken. Though all I am saying is that I dont always know
what is up-to-date versus what is not.  I help maintain for several
parties who for various reasons may be running many different versions
and widely variing of the OS. I have noticed in the past that LINT
seemed to about the only place that "undocumented" options were documented.
It is unclear when "undocumented" options become more than just testbed stuff.
I certainly dont expect current's LINT to be up-to-date but
perhaps in the RELEASES or such.

BTW: Take a look at ncr(4) versus the NCR options listed in current's LINT.

Also take all this with a :) Some of us kind of enjoy the hacking.
No, bitching intended if anyone is reading it that way.

Thank to all :)

-David Langford
 langfod@dihelix.com