Date:      Tue, 1 May 2018 13:22:05 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        David Cross <dcrosstech@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>,  Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Bug 207069 (loader password kills boot)

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 12:12 PM, Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 1:07 PM, David Cross <dcrosstech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > The aforementioned bug has been open for over 2 years, with attached and
>> > tested patches. At least one other has commented.
>> >
>> > Could we please have it for 11.2/12.0?
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> CC'ing Devin, our local Forth-fu-fighter. If it looks ok to Devin, one
>> of us should go ahead and shuffle this through.
>

> Yes. I've looked at this code a fair amount, and I don't understand why this
> is needed and why it would make things work. Since it is a security thing,
> I'm very reluctant to push it in absent better understanding of why it
> works.

Right, it also confuses me. =)

When I was implementing this stuff for Lua, autoboot DTRT as long as
module_path is setup correctly -- this is probably the part that's
missing since IIRC that's usually done in menu setup (that doesn't
happen here).

I'm not sure if this the right way to fix it in Forth-land, though.