Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:30:38 -0500
From:      "Rossen Raykov" <rraykov@sageian.com>
To:        <ofsenfreebsd@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bind8.2.3 port

The port from www.freshports.org works fine for me.
Everything compiled from the first time.
I received errors only during package registration after install.
Even after that the new bind is working fine (I'm running it in chroot
environment).
The only thing that bothers me is the reported version:

bash$ nslookup -q=txt -class=CHAOS version.bind. 0
Server:  server.com
Address:  0.0.0.0

VERSION.BIND    text = "8.2.3-REL"
I hope this is not vulnerable.