Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 00:05:30 +1000
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Net posting: SCO gets Linux emulation

> Could be interesting and/or instructional, yes?

Moderately.  It's somewhat barer-bones than our support so far.

They list 162 system calls in their dispatch list, and give 14 as
"nosys".  Another 61 are implemented as returning ENOSYS, ie. they
implement 87 system calls to some degree.
They list the following syscalls that we don't :
 getsid
 fdatasync		   (+)
 sysctl			(*)(+)
 mlock			(*)(+)
 munlock		(*)(+)
 mlockall		   (+)
 munlockall		   (+)
 sched_setparam		   (+)
 sched_getparam		   (+)
 sched_setscheduler	   (+)
 sched_getsheduler	   (+)
 sched_yield		   (+)
 sched_get_priority_max	   (+)
 sched_get_priority_min	   (+)
 sched_rr_get_interval	   (+)

(*) We could implement these, but don't.
(+) They don't actually implement these, just list them.

We have 146 system calls listed, 4 marked unimplemented.  There are 41
ENOSYS returns, ie. we implement 101 system calls.

There are a substantial number of ioctls for which they return ENOSYS,
most of which we have already implemented.

This is all pretty unscientific; without sitting down and doing a
one-to-one comparison it's a bit difficult to convey the relative
"feel" of the two emulations.

mike