Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2013 08:54:21 -0800
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating from 9.2 to 10.0-BETA3 Issues..

Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> writes:
> Both portmaster and portupgrade are compatible with pkg(8), and you can
> certainly carry on using them in pretty much the same way as you always
> did.  There is a missing bit of functionality with portmaster in that it
> won't itself install from pkgs on a pkgngized system.  Patches welcome!

What is the recommended process for handling portmaster on a new system?
I am planning on upgrading a 9.2 system, but  I was planning to remove
all ports first, then install pkg and portmaster to install the
remaining packages.  Is there some required order to handle this?
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org