Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:06:29 -0600
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   d2cs fails to activate realm on 4.7

Here's a head scratcher:

I installed the games/bnetd port on FreeBSD 4.7, but when I tried to setup
the d2cs server (which supports Diablo II games), the logs shows that the
ream is created but never activated.  Netstat does show  the d2cs daemon
connecting to the bnetd daemon.  When I connect to the bnetd server with
Diablo II, it gives an error that no realms are available.

Now heres the scratcher:

When I create a bnetd package of the 4.7 install, and then install it on
FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT, the bnetd.log file shows that the realm is created and
active.  I can connect to the bnetd server with Diablo II with no problems.

Any ideals as to what could be causing this problem on 4.7?

Scot