Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 1998 18:13:55 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Bill/Carolyn Pechter" <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netatalk corrupts atalkd.conf

On Fre, 7. Aug 1998 11:31 Uhr -0400 "Bill/Carolyn Pechter"
<pechter@shell.monmouth.com> wrote:

> I've got netatalk running in 2.2.7-STABLE and I've been trying
> to install it in 2.2.7-RELEASE at work.

Did you user the port net/netatalk, or did you try to compile and install
it by hand? When did you last update your ports tree?

> The problem is that the system seems to hang at netatalks's startup

What do you mean be "seems to hang?" atalkd needs 30 seconds per interface
configured for startup (excluding lo0).

> and the atalk.d gets corrupted with what looks like data from the
> dictionary. or a punch of nulls.

"atalk.d"? Do you mean /usr/local/etc/atalkd.conf or
/usr/local/libexec/atalkd?

> Has anyone else seen this?

Fortunatly, not.

Stefan

--
Hamburg          |  Voice:  +49-177-3504009
Germany          |  e-mail: stb@freebsd.org