Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:34:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2nd call for reviews and tests: buf->bio patch

:
:* His timing did suck
:* He's now doing the right thing, at least, instead of committing the
:  second patchset without submitting them for peer review

    I disagree.  What Poul is doing is committing stuff first, then trying
    to get validation after the fact (and in a rather demanding way I might
    add) when people complain.  He is willing to dig his feet in and spend
    weeks arguing over the issue until people get tired enough to either
    accept a compromise, or allow his commits to stay in the tree verbatim.
    Furthermore, whenever his commit breaks something, it is generally
    someone else who has to take up the ball and fix it.  I may break the
    tree occassionally, but I damn well stay on the front lines and fix
    any problems ASAP rather then force other people to fix them for me.

    This is the third time this has happened.  Every time it happens it
    creates a huge disruption and every time it happens we end up with
    a compromise that does absolute *nothing* to prevent a reoccurance of
    the problem.

    The commit should not have happened in the first place.  My position is
    fairly simple:  I am getting seriously tired of seeing this repetition
    occur every few months, and I would like something *REAL* to be done about
    it which will prevent the repetition from occuring in the future.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>