Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:47:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        Burton Sampley <bsampley@best.com>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM for -stable

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.980323110916.6557A-100000@bsampley.vip.best.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I was wondering if there's a target date (already assuming it's a moving
> > target) for a snap release of CAM for -stable?  I'd like to try CAM (see
> > below), but I *really* don't want to be 'on the bleeding edge' with
> > - -current.
>
> I will announce a date once 2.2.6 goes out the door.  I plan to pull
> a few, well tested, changes from current into stable to facilitate running
> CAM there.

I'd be glad to help test CAM out on -stable.  I have an NCR 53c875 based
card, two IBM DCAS-34330UW's doing ccd and a NEC 16X SCSI CDROM drive.  I
wouldn't *want* to lose data on this machine if something with CAM went
wrong, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I did.  I'd rather see
CAM working in -stable, so if I ever have to re-install from scratch, so
be it. :-)

-- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@inter-linc.net
--- cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us