Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 07:55:39 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /stand/ee

Heikki Suonsivu wrote in message ID
<199605170504.IAA26098@katiska.clinet.fi>:
> hsu@cantina.clinet.fi Fri 15: ls -l /usr/bin/ee /usr/local/bin/pico
> -r-xr-xr-x   2 bin      bin         61440 May 16 10:15 /usr/bin/ee
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 bin      bin         12288 Apr  4 13:21 /usr/local/bin/pico

> Pico is significantly smaller!

>From experience of a program I'm working on at the minute (where I do
check bin file sizes once compiled), I doubt that that is pico, much
more likely a wrapper that your pico uses to do something before
calling the real pico. I'd be surprised to get that sort of
functionality into that little code space. Even using assembler it'd
be a challenge.

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.