Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 1997 15:32:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Hodges <rh@alpine.net>
To:        Majumba <olmajumb@pub.dn.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet, win95, interfaces, system accounting

On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Majumba wrote:

> 1) How can one connect FreeBSD system with Win95 system via
> Ethernet. The connection must allow Win95 user to do telnet,
> ftp, http and all other things to the FreeBSD machine.

No magic there, just do it.  This is not a smart-ass answer....
Give the Win95 computers IP numbers.  Use your FreeBSD PC as
name server.

> Of course, it would be nice to have some file shares on
> the FreeBSD machine which could be accessed from Win95 machine.

Install Samba.  The original FreeBSD installation asks if you
want it.  You can install it later as a "package".  It works.
Your Win95 computers can access files on FreeBSD.  Use the
"Client for Microsoft Networks".  Set the WINS server manually.

I use this quit a bit.  Let me know if you have trouble.

> But it is more of a NFS question.

For Win95?  Don't torture yourself.

> 	1) one 28800
> 	2) and one 9600
> We want all on-line/other work go through the 28800 channel
> and all smtp mail go through 9600 interface.

Maybe if you assign a different IP number to the 9600 interface
and use that as your favorite MX?

All the best,

-Richard

Richard Hodges    |    (702) 888-3000
Alpine Internet   |   400 Fairview Drive
rh@alpine.net     |   Carson City, NV 89701
member, ISP/C