Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:13:50 -0500
From:      Andrew <andrew@pubnix.net>
To:        James <j@evilcode.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newsgroup server recommendation

Before you go to the trouble and expense of setting up a news server,
I suggest you take a peek at NNTP-Cache.  Could save you many gigabytes
of transfer and storage, plus you can setup a tiny local inn server on
the same machine to handle the local stuff.
Also acts as a wonderful front-end to many different news services, you
get the best of all worlds!

James wrote:

> I'm about to be setting up an NNTP server, and I need to
> decide what software to use for this.  I was wondering
> if I could get some people's opinions/experiences with
> the various servers available in the ports collection.
>
> Thanks.

  Andrew