Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:22:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Grosch <joeg@interaccess.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        erich@lodgenet.com, ports@freebsd.org, jdc@xinside.com
Subject:   Re: Xinside's Motif

>> Check out their web page (http://night.xinside.com). The first page says
>> "FreeBSD" but follow the freebsd links and one find they are saying BSDI. I
>> assume that one should buy their product that was for BSDI and run it as an
>
>This was a bit of gun-jumping on someone's part at X Inside which has
>left the engineering dept. feeling rather gloomy.  They're still at
>the stage of doing the pre-production distribution which will, in
>turn, be sent on to me so that I have a chance to evaluate it _before_
>it goes to press (I only wish that Lasermoon had seen fit to do this
>with their dist!  It would have avoided many of the problems I found
>with it).
>
>> emulation. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend $150.00 for an emulation. I
>> have had several phone conversations with a sales person at Xinside and he
>> has said several times that a native FreeBSD port of Motif is not in the
>> near future. Sigh!! :-( I guess I'm gonna have to send my money to
>
>That's totally incorrect.  Please hang back a bit on this one - it is
>imminent, but apparently there are some communications problems within
>X Inside that need to be resolved as well.
>
>> Lazermoon. They have a native FreeBSD port of Motif for $100.00.
>
>I wish I could recommend this distribution.  It does work, but hardly
>flawlessly, and the support@lasermoon.co.uk address seems to have the
>local cemetery on staff for all the response I've gotten from it.
>
>					Jordan

Well, it seems I've jumped the gun also. I had spoken to a sales person
about 6 weeks ago. I guess he was either new or mis-informed. Sorry about
this mis-information. I have been chomping at the bit to do some Motif
development and bummed about the lack of Motif for FreeBSD. I'm glad to see
Xinside is indeed working on a port.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch - joeg@truenorth.org     | "Laugh while you can, monkey boy."