Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 05:23:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
To:        "N.B. DelMore" <mylists@inr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple IP addresses

The method you use to get the IP addreses in there is pretty much up to
you.  I like the /etc/start_if.<interface> method.  The interface you want
to bind the IP addresses to is probably the Ethernet inferface (xl0)
(unless you're doing strange things with loopback (lo0).. and that's up to
you :) or I just missed some details).  Using IP addresses that end in 0
and 255 gets you a big slap on the wrist where I work hehe.  We generally
try to avoid them to prevent any headache.

Hope I understood everything here correctly.

--
Eric Futch              New York Connect.Net, Ltd.
efutch@nyct.net         Technical Support Staff