Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:57:52 -0800
From:      "Noah Davidson" <Noah@oopz.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-ISP List (E-mail)" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   sendmail genericstable

I have upgraded our version of sendmail to 8.12.2, but the genericstable
does not seam to reverse map, although the virtusertable mapping to
users, the genericstable does not get reversed mapped.  When a user
sends mail it has a from address as user@maichine.domain.com.  I could
use a MASQUERADE_AS(`domain.com'), but this would effect all users.  I
want to use the genericstable.  I know I had this working at one point.
I had the sendmail.cf file pretty much hacked up.  We had to make the mc
file because it got to ugly to maintain.  Anyhow now I do not have the
working sendmail.cf file and the genericstable is not seaming to work.
Can anyone help me please.  Here is the portion of my .mc file that is
relevant.

FEATURE(access_db)
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
FEATURE(local_lmtp)
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')
dnl FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
FEATURE(genericstable, `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/generics-domains')   =20
FEATURE(local_procmail)   =20

Thanks
Noah