Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:37:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@TheWorld.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 4.3.0 seeing commented-out config entry

Hello -stable:

I think I may have found at least a "cosmetic oddity" in XFree
4.3.0.  Emulate3Buttons is commented-out in XF86Config, but
according to the X log, it is being enabled & subsequently
disabled, due to the mouse actually having 3 buttons.
Here's the log section:

(**) Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
(**) Mouse0: Protocol: "PS/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse0: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/psm0"
(**) Mouse0: Emulate3Buttons, Emulate3Timeout: 50
(==) Mouse0: Buttons: 3
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard0" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE)
(WW) fcntl(6, O_ASYNC): Inappropriate ioctl for device
(II) 3rd Button detected: disabling emulate3Button

And here's the log section from XFree 4.2.1:

(**) Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
(**) Mouse1: Protocol: "PS/2"
(**) Option "CorePointer"
(**) Mouse1: Core Pointer
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/psm0"
(==) Mouse1: Buttons: 3
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
(EE) Mouse1: Write to mouse failed
(WW) fcntl(6, F_SETOWN): Inappropriate ioctl for device

Any ideas?  Anything I might be overlooking in XF86Config?
Could this be causing other, umm, "mysterious problems?"
Should I file a pr?  If so, where?

Thanks,

-kc