Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 15:41:42 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

People wrote....

>> I dont know why people are bashing the 2501's - with an access list
>> active, my router stats on one of my T-1s has at times shown thruput very
>> close the to max a T-1 one can handle going full guns.
>
>Excellent!

Ciscos run fine with 1 ethernet and 1 serial....as you can only move 3mbs
(full duplex) through the box....with 2 ethernets you can have big problems,
and with 2 busy T1s you can have problems also, depending on your traffic
characteristics. A freebsd box with multiple interfaces is much more comparable
to a 4500 series, in which case the price differential is a major fact for UNIX.

dennis