Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:28:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        chris@netmonger.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New ATA driver and crash dumps

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Brian Feldman wrote:
>=20
> >This and atapi-fd not working are the only hang-ups I have with using AT=
A.
> >Heck, the benefits even outweigh that since my new UDMA2 hard drive is o=
nly
> >supported with your wonderful new ATA drivers, not wd! The Aladdin suppo=
rt
> >works great.
> >   Is there any way I can help in getting the atapi-fd driver to work wi=
th
> >LS-120's?
>=20
> Hmm, I have a ZIP here which works, and I have reports from mike that
> his LS120 works too, so I'm a bit confused here.
> How does it not work ??

I get consistent errors reading from it (not hard errors, data errors). The
md5 checksums I created on the disk using the wd driver do not match the
varying checksums md5 gives me on the LS-120 with the new ATA.

>=20
> -S=F8ren
>=20

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___ =20
 green@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \=20
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \ _ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___)___/___/=20