Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:48:47 +0100
From:      walter@belgers.com (Walter Belgers)
To:        Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [SUGGESTION] - disallowing shutdown after su(1)

Hiten Pandya wrote:
> do you think, if we denied a shutdown after an su(1)
> to root from a non-privileged user would be good...

It would be bad for me..

I do not allow any root login anywhere. The only way to become root is
to su to it. Your patch would make it impossible for me to shutdown the
system.

I consider logging in as root evil. You never know who it is, by using
su at least you know which sysadmin is behind it.

Cheers,
Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter@belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"