Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 1995 14:32:25 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        osyjm@schizo.coe.montana.edu (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NETBEUI for FreeBSD?  Any docs?

<<On Wed, 18 Jan 1995 08:02:20 -0700, osyjm@schizo.coe.montana.edu (Jaye Mathisen) said:

> Samba won't solve the problem. Samba is NETBIOS over TCP/IP.  I'm talking
> a whole different protocol, NETBEUI, 'ala WFW/LanManager in it's simplest
> form.

LanMan uses a number of different protocols all carrying the same
data.  It shouldn't be too hard to design a simple socket interface
that provides the appropriate services.  (Take a look at the output of
`tcpdump ether multicast and not arp' on a LAN with an NT machine
sometime and you'll see what I mean.)

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.