Date:      Thu, 23 May 2024 15:19:55 +0200
From:      Marek Zarychta <zarychtam@plan-b.pwste.edu.pl>
To:        Peter Eriksson <pen@lysator.liu.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Trying to understand CAM (and the cciss driver)

Dnia Thu, May 09, 2024 at 07:58:32PM +0200, Peter Eriksson napisa=C5=82(a):
> Hi,
>=20
> I=E2=80=99m trying to fix a bug in the cciss driver that has been there =
=E2=80=9Cforever=E2=80=9D when using it with an HP H241 SAS HBA card.=20
> The driver works fine when all (SAS, spinning rust) drives are behaving w=
ell, but when some of them are starting to go bad it often goes into spin a=
nd either hangs the kernel or panics. I=E2=80=99ve been trying to add instr=
umentation to it in order to pin-point the problem and have been attempting=
 some workarounds (like clearing cr_complete since without that hack someti=
me the driver get many many non-busy repeated requests with the same =E2=80=
=9Ctag=E2=80=9D and then It panics with:=20
(...)
>=20
> - Any suggestions? (Probably not but I thought I=E2=80=99d ask anyway :-)
>=20

Hello Peter,

I have no suggestion but a question. Does the panic happen with
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25155 applied ? I am using your patch from
this review with a few drives. It's handy and still builds fine on
15-CURRENT.

Cheers
=20
--=20