Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 23:06:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      x@asdf.com
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Motherboard comparisons

Hello,

On Sun, 9 May 1999, Nicole Harrington wrote:

>  Asus works great, however with the particulat setup I had I kept getting stuck
> at the "waiting 15 secounds for SCSI devices." I had a bunch of LVD drives
> hanging off of an adaptec 2940U2W card. I had the same problem with the FIC
> board. Thus no tests for either.

The same thing is happening to me now. I have an ASUS P2B-LS. I notice
when this happens the LED on my mobile HD rack turns on and stays on, and
I have to push the reset button. Even if I press the power button it will
not turn off. Funny thing is, I added the 'set boot_verbose' command into
the loader.rc file to see if I could get any more info as to why this is
happening, and so far it hasn't happened again since I added that line :-)
We'll see.

Oh, I have MB rev 1007 with the onboard SCSI bios at 2.0.1. I am only
using one IBM U2 U-star 9 gig drive. It doesn't hang all the time like I
said above, and sometimes even booting into Windows it will hang. I was
going to investigate further and maybe upgrade the MB bios to see if it
helps any.

-Dan