Date:      06 Jul 2002 22:41:41 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, dima@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: acroread4 error: Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

--=-tpgRSCXHIhsfwcYkY1VH

Hi Matthew,
   Actually, I *am* running linux_base 7.1 here. In fact., I used to
have a working acrobat reader until I upgraded linux_base-6.x to 7.1

I've never had to edit env variables to get that to work., and the
upgrade notes didn't mention (not that I recall, anyways) that this was
necessary.,

That said, I'm not sure that installing acroread5 would solve this?

Stacey

On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 22:18, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 04:59:51PM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
>=20
> > Can someone tell me the status of acroread4 is, please?
>=20
> Worked fine for me right up until I upgraded to acroread5
>=20
> > Here what I see when attempting to run acroread4 from the command line:
> >  ~ $ acroread4
> > Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
> > Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
> > Fatal System Error: Raise at top of Exception Stack
> > Abort trap (core dumped)
> > ~ $
>=20
> Sounds like a problem with locale support under linux emulation.  What
> locale related environment variables do you have set?  What happens if
> you unset them?
>=20
> If that does turn out to be the cause, you might consider trying an
> upgrade to linux_base-7.1 and acroread-5.05.  Works for me:
>=20
> happy-idiot-talk:~:% setenv LC_ALL en_GB.ISO8859-1
> happy-idiot-talk:~:% acroread
>=20
> It even works if I set LC_ALL to something nonsensical.
>=20
> 	Matthew
>=20
> --=20
> Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       26 The Paddocks
>                                                       Savill Way
> Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
> Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer