Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:15:04 +0200
From:      "chem@i-p-d.nl" <chem@i-p-d.nl>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   limiting telnet-users

Hi,

I have been investigating a way to limit telnet-users to their own home-dir.
Problem with chroot is that a lot of dirs would have to be copied to the home-
dir, in order for them to work with telnet. We only give telnet-access to users
that specifically ask for it, because ftp is to limited. I remember a post from
about a year ago, of someone who managed it by setting the permissions of the
home-dirs and the dir above at a specific way, i believe in combination with a
specific umask. Can't find that posting in the archives, though.

I would love to hear some solutions to this problem and/or some pointers.

TIA
chem