Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 12:56:30 +0900
From:      Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        nugundam@la.best.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail throughput (was: HEADS UP: Postfix is coming. new uid, gid required.)

	I dunno if it is relevant to the thrad, but...

>> >   yes, freebsd-current is only 1411 subscribers.   you deleted the
>> >   part about delivery rate.  delivery rate is very important.  imagine
>> >   receiving mail 30 minutes or 3 hours later than everyone else on the
>> >   list.   make participation difficult and fustrating.

	Have you tried smtpfeed (/usr/ports/mail/smtpfeed)?
	smtpfeed is an external smtp sender that can be invoked from sendmail.
	It does simultaneous DNS lookup and speeds up email transmits.
	It worth a try.  It is used daily in jp.freebsd.org, itojun.org
	and many ISPs in Japan.

itojun