Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 00:00:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      stevedav@pacbell.net
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   misc/17108: SecureRPC not supported in mount_nfs command

The following reply was made to PR misc/17108; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: stevedav@pacbell.net
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:05:21 -0800 (PST)

 >Number:         17108
 >Category:       misc
 >Synopsis:       SecureRPC not supported in mount_nfs command
 >Confidential:   no
 >Severity:       serious
 NFS V3 supports security modes including secureRPC.
 FreeBSD also supports secureRPC, see kerserv(8), publickey(5),
 keylogin(1), rpc_secure(3).  There is no documentation in
 mount_nfs(8), mountd(8), or exports(5) that supports secureRPC.
 How can I connect to an NFS server using secureRPC?
 >How-To-Repeat:
 Do a man on the various man pages and try to mount an NFS filesystem
 that is exported (from Solaris) with "sec=dh" or "-o secure"
 (secureRPC).
 >Fix:
 If secureRPC is supported in NFS, enhance the documentation.
 If not, then this is a feature request that secureRPC be added
 to both NFS client and server code.