Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:59:26 +0300 (EAT)
From:      Noah K Sematimba <ksemat@wawa.eahd.or.ug>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        FBSD-ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FREE Webmail App

> much better if it was MySQL based, gives signup options and can be virtualized
> (non-system users).

Horde/IMP would do well enough also twig would do nicely
http://twig.screwdriver.net

For vitualised users you simply need an imap or pop server that
understands them. IN my case courier imap/pop3 solved my problem and I use
postfix with mysql users. A friend I know uses qmail with mysql and
qmail-pop3d

All these are viable alternatives. The webmail app should not have to know
anything of your user setup since it should jsut simply pick up mail form
an imap or pop server. One major reason I like horde/imp is because of the
option of using imaps i.e imap over ssl.

cheers,

Noah.