Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:14:26 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        sek@superiorcam.com (Stephen Krzywicki)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Digital 21143-PC network drivers

Steve Krzywicki lamented:
> To get around this in 2.2-970921-RELENG I downloaded a
> updated driver from some other site.
>
> My question is why isn't a working DE driver in the stable release yet?

Did you check with the "other site" to see if they had submitted
their driver changes?  Are their drivers still in development, or
test?  Are they copyright such that they cannot be included?

I'd say you should take this up with the writers of the drive you
are using, if you're pleased with it.  Please acquire network
cards with 21140, 21141, 21040, and 21041 chips and make sure the
driver doesn't break backwards compatibility (with my 21041-AA
card, for instance) before submitting it.  ;^)