Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 10:47:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Richard Gresek <rg@gds.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AHA 2940UW Problem

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Richard Gresek wrote:
> We use the AHA2940UW with two 4GB Quantum-Atlas disks.
>
> We have the problem that FreeBSD cannot boot from the UW-SCSII-disk.
> We get the messagen "missing operating system". For now, the machine

Did you make a nice, small (say 200M), root filesystem, with /usr ...
taking up the rest of the space?  If not, /kernel might be beyond
cylinder 1024.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                    714 443 4172
 DPC Systems                                                  dan@dpcsys.com