Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2004 06:22:36 +0100 (CET)
From:      Helge Oldach <1723456693@oldach.net>
To:        daem0npf@yahoo.com (Rasmus Vidal)
Cc:        ctm-users@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First time ctm user needs help

Rasmus Vidal:
> 1. First, if I choose to enter the src5-cur directory
> above, which file would I pick, the last/latest one
> dated NOV 1?

You need to pick all! The first one, src-5.0001.gz, is a huge file and
is the "initial segment" of the src-5 release train. The other files
are "deltas" against it, and build on top of each other, so you have to
apply all files in sequence. Use:

ctm -u -b /usr/src src-5.????.gz

to unpack all of them in the correct sequence to the (empty!)
directory /usr/src. Note that ctm automatically creates a file
/usr/src/.ctm_status that contains the number of the last delta applied,
so effectively ctm would not re-apply deltas that already have been
applied.

Helge