Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:36:12 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maartje van der Heide <maartje@Simplex.NL>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: News...

Maartje van der Heide wrote in message ID
<199704171548.RAA19399@xs1.simplex.nl>:

> were informed much better then before. The few laws that are made
> for the internet here now are hardly restrictive for internet users
> and ISP's , the goverment has (as far as I know) no intensions to
> make restrictive laws or put pressure upon ISP's.

You forget. This is America. The Govt doesn't care what you do, as
long as it controlls it (c.f. the key-escrow farce). The land of
freedom (to be controlled by the people you alledgely elect).

All I can say is I will never trust a government which blatantly lies
about the (alledged) non-existance of the worlds longest runway. And
the top secret research centre which does not live alongside it.

> One of the initiatives of the NLIP has been the 'Internet
> Hotline against child pornography' .(http://www.xs4al.nl/~meldpunt)
> This as well has had alot of positive effects and influence.

Kinda funny that ... xs4al.nl is/was hosting a porn spammer.

> Btw does anyone have a nice solution to reset the machines
> when they hang from behind the computer at home? I don't like
> to bike up and down only to push a button, they crash too
> often nowadays. I found something (relais or whatever it's
> called) but the software is for Windows/DOS .

X-TEN power controllers. Or have a machine with a bunch of specially
wired modems. The on-hook relay on the modem is wired to the reset
switch. Simply connect to the right modem, try to dial, and viola, one
reset pc.

Gary