Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 02:32:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sup failing for sup.freebsd.org

> > sup5 has been working fine during this period; tried that?
>
> I'm afraid switching supservers results in everything getting resupped
> since time stamps differ from one supserver to another and I don't want
> to have another sup storm at the moment. Someone may correct
> me if I'm wrong. Also there have been too many inponderabilities with
> supservers recently so that I remain with freefall.

I even had a worse experience that took me a week to figure out, one of the
files on sup.au.freebsd.org in the /etc dir was truncated to about 25% of
it's correct length and causing make world to fail. I only found it after
ftping to ftp.freebsd.org and manually checking the file lengths on the
-current files there.

The point it the sup.au.freebsd.org files were unreliable in that instance
and I would be keen to know if there is any work around?  I lost a lot of
hours chasing that but I would prefer to use that site to keep the load off
sup.freebsd.org which is the only site I trust at the moment.

- Ernie.